Marilyn, from one of my home schooling e-lists has graciously sent me and given me permission to share with you a lovely craft idea she has for Lent. The Trinity Cross and Shamrock are two creative projects that can easily be done with even the smallest of children. Here are Marilyn's instructions for constructing these items:
1) Cut out 3 green hearts out of craft foam.
2) Cut out one red heart, one brown cross, and one white dove, this
can be out of construction paper or craft foam.
3) Cut out one yellow heart to cover the center of your shamrock.
4) Cut out one green rectangle to cover the back of the shamrock.]
5) Place all three green hearts next to each other, and on the back]
glue (with craft glue) the rectangle to secure the three hearts together.
You can hot glue them together instead if you want.
6) Cut a stem and glue this on the back.
7) Glue the red heart (symbolizing God the Father), the brown cross
(symbolizing God the Son) and the white dove (the Holy Spirit).
8) After this drys glue a pin on the back.
For the second craft, you need to get a package of clothespins
and brown craft foam.
1) You need six halves of clothespins for each cross.
2) Take the clothespins apart. They must be wooden clothespins.
3) Then put them together the way they are in the attached photo,
and draw the brown cross around them.
4) Then cut out all your brown crosses from the foam.
5) Then glue the clothespins on the brown craft foam as shown
in the attached pictures.
6) Knot a piece of dark colored cord and glue on back. Use
craft glue for everything.
7) For Lent have the girls write their Lenten promise or sacrifice
on the back of the cross.
8) Let it dry, and the girls can hang them in their rooms at home.
Marilyn designed these ideas for her Little Flower's Girls Club group, but they are appropriate and easy to do for any interested group of children (cousins over on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon?)Thanks, Marilyn! Great idea!